Thursday, August 3, 2017

Clean and Simple Floral Card


Greetings friends.  Today is my turn on the Impression Obsession Design Team to share a card with you.  I chose one of my favorite new stamps called the Double Cone Flower.  I really love how it lends itself to quick and easy cards.  You could take the time to color the flowers and leaves, but I decided on a simple monochromatic pattern instead.

To make the card, I started with white cardstock and stamped it with purple pigment ink and the Distressed Denim Cover a Card.  That gave me a nice mottled purple background.  I then placed my stamp into my MISTI stamp poisitioner and stamped the flower multiple times using black Versafine ink.  A good stamp positioner is ideal for this project because solid stamps are notoriously difficult to stamp well the first time.  Stamping it multiple times with layers of ink works much better.  To finish the card, I stamped a sentiment from the Words for Art cling set. 

Thanks so much for visiting me today!

4 comments:

Karen Amidon said...

Beautiful!

SherylH said...

What a great way to use this type of stamp! Love the idea of using a background stamp to add the colour.

Karen @ Misplaced Mojo said...

Simply gorgeous! Gotta love the cover-a-card background stamps from IO! My only problem is deciding which one to use ;-) This would be beautiful as a gift set, each in a different color and with a variety of sentiments.

Pattie J. said...

this is gorgeous. but question, if you used the black ink, how did the flower come out purple? unless there is a die cut?
please more details on how made. thank you.