Thursday, July 6, 2017

IO Challenge- It's Getting Hot in Here (Warm Colors)


Greetings friends.  Is it hot where you are today?  It has been pretty warm here lately and the humidity has been through the roof.  Therefore, it is the perfect time to use hot colors as a challenge theme!

For my card, I really wanted to use yellows, oranges and reds.  I chose Pan Pastels for my background so that the colors would really blend nicely into each other.  I started with Ochre at the bottom, added some Orange to the middle, and ended with some Permanent Red.  I used a large sponge to really blend all of the colors.

To create my beach scene in front, I used the new Shell Border die and added a sentiment from the Good Old Summertime clear set.  It was a very quick and easy card and hopefully captured the hot feeling of summer.

Want to be inspired by other warm colored cards?  Don't forget to visit the other designers:

1 comment:

Jill Norwood said...

Beautiful! I love the scene you created with this pretty seashell die!