Thursday, December 15, 2016

IO Challenge- Last Minute Gifts


Wait a minute.  How did Christmas get to be 10 days away?  December has really flown.  If you are in need for a last minute gift, the IO team has some ideas for you today.

For my project, I made a little Christmas paper lantern out of gold metallic cardstock, some vellum, and the new Ornament Winter Scene die.  I added a battery operated light to the center so that I wouldn't set anyone's house on fire.  I thought that might be the best plan.  :) 

The lantern was made out of two pieces of cardstock that each measured 8 1/2" x 4."  I scored them so that each paper had two 4" x 4" sections and one 4" x 1/2" section.  I then die cut each 4" x 4" section with the ornament die and added vellum behind each panel.  When I glued the two pieces of cardstock together, they made a square that fits over a votive candle (there is no top or base to the box).

Another nice thing about the lantern?  It folds flat to fit inside a business envelope:


Need more last minute ideas?  Don't forget to check out the other designers.  There are even two new designers to the team to inspire you!

1 comment:

Marilynn said...

You are a true crafting queen. A brilliant idea.